Deck and Fence Refinishing
Specializing in Restoration and Refinishing for Decks, Fences, etc.
Have you seen the outside of your deck or fence lately? Odds are the pristine paint and lush colors have been sucked away by time and Mother Nature. Deck refinishing can help bring your leisure area back to life and give that luster back to your fence. An outdoor wood deck is a major feature in a home, but when it starts looking worn down, it stops being a positive. Wooden decks and fences get hit hard over time. They have to deal with a constant barrage of rain and snow as well as scorching sun.
Our Three Step Process:
1. Strip/Clean: Wood that has an existing stain will be completely stripped of existing stain. New construction or wood with no existing stain will be cleaned of graying wood, dirt, mold, mildew, etc. (It is recommended new wood ages at least 6 months before it is refinished.)
2. Neutralize and Brighten Wood: The pH of the wood is balanced in this step. This helps the wood readily accept the new stain. The wood is also brightened which helps bring out the visual grain of the wood.
3. Apply Stain: I.V. Clean Team, Inc. uses top quality contractor grade oil-based stains. Two coats are applied to all horizontal surfaces (floors, benches, railings). One coat is applied to vertical surfaces (spindles, posts).
Expectations and Advantages of Our Process:
• Horizontal surfaces will need recoat after 1 to 2 years. Vertical surfaces will need recoat after 2 to 3 years.
• No Intensive stripping required for recoating which results in lower maintenance costs.
• The oil-based stain we use has non-drying conditioning oils. These oils penetrate deep into the wood fiber where the wood’s natural oils used to be. This process rejuvenates the wood. Drying oils stay at the surface to lock in the conditioning oils and create a dry to the touch barrier. The stain formulas also contain water repellents and mildecide.
Note: We can also just clean/strip and brighten your deck or fence if you wish to apply your own stain.
Get a free quote today and start your journey to a great looking deck or fence.